Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: keyword research question
SandyLittl-
e
Post keyword research question
on: March 17, 2016, 21:32

When I download my list of keywords from adwords planner and sorted the
keywords by monthly searches…largest to smallest. I have been going
through deleting all the ones that don’t pertain to my keyword phase.

Now…

I’m finding the narrowing process is taking A LOT of time.

Can I ignore the keywords that have a very low “monthly search volume”

ie: as little as 20 monthly searches even though they do pertain to my main somewhat
to my keyword phrase?

What is the lowest number of monthly searches that
I can ignore.

Many thanks, Sandy

Hi everyone…
I have been dabbling in internet marketing for some time now and I have learn numerous skills. I hope to learn a lot more and share the knowledge that I do have.
I’m looking forward to getting to know you all. This should be fun.

mmuise
Administrator
Post Re: keyword research question
on: March 18, 2016, 15:04

Hi Sandy –

If you’re going to be using those keywords to plan the content for your site (which I recommend), then no, I would not ignore keywords with as little as 20 searches per month.

When you start your site, you’ll be starting at ground zero in Google’s eyes. In other words: your site will have no history or credibility with Google. So when creating content for your site, you’re going to want to start with low-competition keywords. Often, the keywords with the lowest competition are keywords with the smallest search volume (because big sites don’t bother targeting those keywords).

By targeting those low-competition keywords, you’ll be able to quickly rank your site in Google. Then, once you’ve established those rankings, you’ll be able to go after keywords with higher volume (and more competition) – because Google will see that your site already ranks for some keywords, and you’ll have established a little history/credibility with them.

Hope that helps!

SandyLittl-
e
Post Re: keyword research question
on: March 18, 2016, 15:06

Yes that helps…thank you.

Hi everyone…
I have been dabbling in internet marketing for some time now and I have learn numerous skills. I hope to learn a lot more and share the knowledge that I do have.
I’m looking forward to getting to know you all. This should be fun.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.28 ; Page loaded in: 0.01 seconds.