Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hello, Im Kim!
KimLavoie
Post Hello, Im Kim!
on: November 17, 2015, 21:22

Hello, I’m Kim Lavoie, I’m a 27 year old man from Chicoutimi, Qu├ębec, Canada. I’m interested in Internet Marketing and making money online. I also love the idea of passive income, so I can focus on doing things I like and spend time with people the people I like.

I’m already trying some methods for making money online. I started Kindle Publishing, which seems promising. I’d also want to experiment with blogging, affiliate marketing, opening an online store and creating an app. I would like to be the founder of a startup one day. I’m motivated, I have some savings and I can do things full time, since I’m starting as a teacher and work is scarce around here at the moment.

I like to play acoustic guitar and sing around fire during summer, teaching to kids and develop application. I have a degree in Education (teaching french as a primary language) and in Computer Science. I read a lot, so if you have suggestions, I’m in!

I would say that my superpowers would be web programming, since that’s what I’m teaching to kids right now and what interest me the most (with Internet Marketing, of course!) I’m proficient with HTML, CSS and JavaScript, including a platform called Node.js. If you want advices, don’t hesitate.

That’s all for now. Stay tuned!

KimLavoie
Post Re: Hello, Im Kim!
on: November 17, 2015, 21:48

Also, I would like to share my goals. For now, I’m a low maintenance person. I can easily live with 1000$ a month, since my rent is quite cheap and I don’t spend a lot. Also, I have no debt, so I’m quite lucky.

That being said, I don’t want to make something that will only help me survive. I would like to make at least decent money, even if I have to put a lot of effort upfront to make it work.

That’s why my goal is to make around 5000$/month of (mostly) passive income in the next five years. If I’m to believe what I read online, it seems like a pretty fair goal. In fact, it seems almost a low goal, since some people claim they made tens of thousands of dollars of monthly passive income in one or two years, but I’m very skeptical about that, I don’t need that much to be happy and I don’t want to be deceived.

If you think I’m being too enthusiast, please be straightforward about it, I won’t be offended. If you think it’s achievable, I would appreciate something like a quick roadmap to get there.

Thanks!

mmuise
Administrator
on: November 17, 2015, 22:49

Hi Kim!

Welcome to the program. I’m not far from Chicoutimi, having recently re-located back to Ottawa from Bali.

Thanks for the info on your background and goals. One thing I would recommend: erase the word “quick” from your mind. I’ve met (and taught) countless people who think it’s possible to make money online quickly. It’s simply not. I personally know quite a few people who make a good living online – as well as knowing of many more – and not one of them was making thousands of dollars a month quickly. Not one.

Think of this as earning a university degree. It will take time, and you’ll gradually build up your knowledge and experience.

Having said the above, I think your goal of making $5,000/month in the next five years is absolutely achievable. You could even do it in 1-2 years, with focused attention and persistence. But doing it within months? Not very likely – unless you already have a lot of experience in driving traffic and conversions.

Good luck!

KimLavoie
on: November 18, 2015, 01:09

Thank you for your quick response. I can now erase that word safely!

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.28 ; Page loaded in: 0.011 seconds.