Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How Do I Overcome Lousey Key Word Phrases
mikes9970
Post How Do I Overcome Lousey Key Word Phrases
on: June 24, 2015, 15:25

I am helping a nonprofit set up marketing for their fundraising campaign. The name of the group is Pathways of Honor and they are raising funds to build a veterans tribute for all the men and women who served our country. This a tribute not a memorial because we are focusing on the living veterans. The name of the tribute is Legacy Plaza. When you pull out the keywords like …veteran….heroes…honor…tribute…legacy… those words don’t rate well.

Now other words like life…service…mission…courage…program…military…country…remember….are generic and have decent traffic. When I combine words like veteran and service together in a phrase the traffic numbers fall off the chart.

Therefore I am having a problem with a domain name and words to use in writing articles. Straighten me out if I am over complicating this process. Going hours and getting same results is insane. Need someone to use the “Refresh” button on me.

mikes9970

mmuise
Administrator
Post Re: How Do I Overcome Lousey Key Word Phrases
on: June 25, 2015, 01:34

Mike, you hit the nail on the head – you’re over complicating things.

There’s no need to spend a lot of time trying to find a domain name that contains all of your keywords. Google places *much* less emphasis these days on “exact-match” domain names when ranking websites. You’re much better off choosing a domain name that is brandable – in other words, a domain name that says what your site is about and can grow into a recognizable brand.

mikes9970
on: July 9, 2015, 18:55

Moe
Which of the following do you think is brandable….Pathways of Honor…..or Legacy Plaza??? We own the domain name PathwaysofHonor.com

mikes9970
on: July 9, 2015, 19:09

Moe
I was thinking about getting some domain names like “how to honor veterans.org” or “proud to honor veterans.com” then linking back to the fund raising page for “Legacy Plaza” the fund raising page would allow them to make a donation to the tribute or purchase an engraved brick to be placed at the site or a tree with plaque..etc. Is this the right track???
Mike

mikes9970
on: July 9, 2015, 19:18

Moe

Ryan Diess promotes lead pages and they look like they could be beneficial…….but I don’t understand where they are placed. Are the part of a website or are the independent page on the web??? Just trying to figure out this client funnel that is talked about??

mike

mmuise
Administrator
on: July 9, 2015, 20:05

Hi Mike,

1) I prefer Pathways of Honor. It’s more descriptive than Legacy Plaza.

2) Not sure why you would buy domains to link back to Legacy Plaza. Why don’t you just build a site around the Legacy Plaza fundraising page? Then you don’t need two sites.

3) I haven’t used Lead Pages. As far as I understand, the pages are hosted on the Lead Pages site (but I could be wrong on that). I just use the Optimize Press plugin to create my email opt-in pages. It takes a little more work, but the pages are hosted on my site, and it’s cheaper.

mikes9970
on: July 14, 2015, 20:20

Hey Moe
Thank you for your feed back and I will focus phrases around Pathways of Honor and on the squeeze page link to the donation page for Legacy Plaza. In my research many nonprofit sites use vendors who set up donation pages for them and charge a processing fee to accept cash donations and transfer the funds to the nonprofits Bank account. Is it better to have a third party accept cash donations for our group or is there another way?
Mike

mikes9970
on: July 14, 2015, 20:38

Hey Moe
There are a lot of veteran web sites that may be supportive to our mission. I would like to build some type of affiliations with these groups so they will send out our information to their list and we can send their information out to our list. Is there an efficient way to make this happen???
Mike

mmuise
Administrator
on: July 14, 2015, 22:59

Hi Mike – to be honest, I have no experience with non-profits, so I wouldn’t feel comfortable giving you advice on using third parties to accept donations.

Regarding building affiliations with veterans groups, the most effective way is also the most old-fashioned: outreach. I do outreach for my health websites this way:

1) I publish an outstanding piece of content

2) I get my assistant to research a list of websites that have an audience that might be interested in that content

3) My assistant contacts those websites, mentions that we just published an article that might interest their readers, and asks if they would share the article URL with their readers

It’s old fashioned and takes effort, but over time it really pays dividends.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.28 ; Page loaded in: 0.013 seconds.