Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Product Development
NicolasCol-
lebechi
Post Product Development
on: April 25, 2015, 19:54

Hi Moe,

After going through all your vids, I only have the following doubts.

How do you determine if a niche or micro-niche is worth developing a product or not to sell? Which are the variables you pay attention to?

In my mind, the things that I’d would look for when deciding to create a product or not (Ebook for instance) for a specific niche would depend on the following variables (I am assuming that I found already a niche with a lot of stable searches month after month…10K+ searches let’s say):

1 – How many similar products are already in the market (if any) for that niche? If I see a lot of good products already established and attacking the same problem but from different angles, I’d think that’s not a niche I need to attack.

2 – How much competition is there in Clickbank for my niche? Is there a way to estimate how much affiliate attention (and sales) you can get from a product in an specific vertical? Which are in your experience the best options to get awareness from affiliates?

I know that gravity as you mention in one of your vids has nothing to do with the real sales-potential of a product as this is a variable that can be easily inflated. But I also know that a lot of affiliates solely pay attention to the commission they can make and the gravity of the product. So which are your thoughts on the best strategy to get many affiliates promoting your stuff?

3 – How much advertiser competition you find for that niche.

Summarizing: My concept of a winner would include ideally a micro-niche that has little competition in terms of advertising but a nice amount of searches per month and no solid products offered (and a sense of need or urgency to get that problem solved). You mentioned the proven niche reports (dummy books) but would be nice exactly to know what you do have in mind when you decide to create your own product for a niche. How did you come to the idea of building the goat course for instance? How do you find the product and the angle? I just think that the most profitable micro-niches products are not made public as affiliate products…only when the owner thinks that he can make more money by listing it rather than promoting it himself 🙂

Additional Questions:

4 – How do you use Adwords, Facebook & Twitter etc when it comes to promoting aff offers? In which verticals did you have more success (profit) for each traffic source?

5 – In Adwords you’re not allowed to promote affiliate offers directly in theory but have to go between a landing page that you own before getting clicks to the offer. Do you use Adwords to promote solely your own product urls or do you also use it to your review/informational websites to hopefully get leads from there as well?

Thanks,
Nico

mmuise
Administrator
Post Re: Product Development
on: April 26, 2015, 10:38

Hi Nico,

Answers to your questions:

1, 2, and 3: Simply put, I would create an info product in a niche if I don’t see any existing products that are of high quality. That’s what I did in all of the niches I created products in (in niches ranging from goat farming to sleep apnea to government grants for home improvement).

Having said that, you can make money by creating your own info product even in niches where there are existing high-quality products, IF you can find advertising channels (e.g. Google Display Network) where those existing products are not being promoted.

4: The answer to this question would take several courses to cover!

I’ve never used Twitter to promote products, largely because I haven’t worked in any niches that seemed suitable for Twitter (e.g. the “make money online” niche, etc.).

I’ve used Facebook a bit, and in my experience the key to a profitable campaign is (a) good targeting (i.e. you must match your offer with the right FB audience), and (b) the images you use in your ads (only certain images will get a good clickthrough rate).

I’ve used Google Adwords *a lot* – particularly Google Display Network – and the key to a profitable campaign is finding the right “placements” (i.e. specific web pages on the Display Network).

The bottom line with paid traffic is this: you have to test everything (keywords, ads, landing pages, and offers) until you find a winner. It takes a lot of patience, and a budget.

5: It’s not true that you’re not allowed to promote affiliate offers directly on Adwords – that’s a common misconception. Having said that, I would never try to directly promote an affiliate offer on Adwords’ search network, and would be very careful about the offers I tried to promote on the display network (because promoting an offer that violates any of Adwords’ policies could get your account suspended or banned).

The best approach when promoting a product on Adwords is to use the display network (GDN), not the search network, and send traffic to a landing page. I’ve almost exclusively sent my GDN traffic to a squeeze page (i.e. an email opt-in page), and it’s worked out well for me.

An absolutely awesome blog to learn what’s working *now* on GDN is the Adbeat.com blog: https://www.adbeat.com/blog/ . The owner of Adbeat.com (Mike Colella) is a GDN genius. The last time I talked to Mike, he was spending $50k a week sending GDN traffic to his own offers, and doing very well.

NicolasCol-
lebechi
on: April 26, 2015, 14:57

Hey Moe,

Thanks for the info and tips. Follow up questions based on your answers:

1- “1, 2, and 3: Simply put, I would create an info product in a niche if I don’t see any existing products that are of high quality. That’s what I did in all of the niches I created products in (in niches ranging from goat farming to sleep apnea to government grants for home improvement).”

Which are the variable/factors on which you decide if an already existant product has good or poor quality?

2 – “I’ve used Google Adwords *a lot* – particularly Google Display Network – and the key to a profitable campaign is finding the right “placements” (i.e. specific web pages on the Display Network).”

So basically you do a lot of site targeting in niche-related websites and track conversions on a website basis, right? When you first begin setting up your site targeting campaign are there any specific rules/tactics you follow to find those “golden” websites? I’d think about targeting the ones that are ranking organically well (within top ten seo results) and using Adsense

3 – “The best approach when promoting a product on Adwords is to use the display network (GDN), not the search network, and send traffic to a landing page. I’ve almost exclusively sent my GDN traffic to a squeeze page (i.e. an email opt-in page), and it’s worked out well for me.”

Why not the search network in your experience in Adwords? Too expensive?

Do you create those landing pages with LeadPages and that’s it? Or do you send them to an informational website about that niche that you create and populate with original content? Do you provide some freebie PDF or something as incentive to visitors to leave your email? Any particular newsletter format/design you use later when emailing them with the CB offer or just plain text email?

4 – Do you send all your traffic to squeeze pages or just Google traffic?

5 – In your experience, when having KC values of 20 or less in Long Tail Pro Platinum for some keywords, you have chances of ranking organically without even doing any link building?

6 – Thanks for Adbeat.com tip. Looks like a pretty cool tool to find out where competition is buying media…do you use any specific tool like this to find advertising opportunities? What do you think about http://www.outbrain.com/ & http://www.taboola.com/ which are mentioned in his last post as awesome traffic sources. Had some experience trying them already?

Thanks,
Nico

mmuise
Administrator
on: April 28, 2015, 05:25

Hi Nico – answers to your follow-up questions:

Which are the variable/factors on which you decide if an already existant product has good or poor quality?

A: If the product precisely meets the needs of my target audience.

So basically you do a lot of site targeting in niche-related websites and track conversions on a website basis, right? When you first begin setting up your site targeting campaign are there any specific rules/tactics you follow to find those “golden” websites? I’d think about targeting the ones that are ranking organically well (within top ten seo results) and using Adsense

A: No, when setting up a campaign you’re not supposed to start with site targeting. That might prevent you from finding good sites that you didn’t think to include in your site targeting. You set up a keyword-targeted campaign using broad keywords related to your niche.

Why not the search network in your experience in Adwords? Too expensive?

A: No – because the search network has much more stringent rules for landing pages (i.e. no squeeze pages are allowed)

Do you create those landing pages with LeadPages and that’s it? Or do you send them to an informational website about that niche that you create and populate with original content? Do you provide some freebie PDF or something as incentive to visitors to leave your email? Any particular newsletter format/design you use later when emailing them with the CB offer or just plain text email?

A: No, I create the landing pages with Optimize Press. I send traffic to a squeeze page. On the squeeze page there’s an offer for a free report, in exchange for their email address.

4 – Do you send all your traffic to squeeze pages or just Google traffic?

A: All paid traffic goes to a squeeze page.

5 – In your experience, when having KC values of 20 or less in Long Tail Pro Platinum for some keywords, you have chances of ranking organically without even doing any link building?

A: Yes, absolutely. But you should have at least some social media account set up, and link to new content on your site from those social accounts.

6 – Thanks for Adbeat.com tip. Looks like a pretty cool tool to find out where competition is buying media…do you use any specific tool like this to find advertising opportunities? What do you think about http://www.outbrain.com/ & http://www.taboola.com/ which are mentioned in his last post as awesome traffic sources. Had some experience trying them already?

A: I’ve used Adbeat.com for several years. But I’m not looking for new paid traffic sources at the moment. I’ve never tried native advertising (i.e. Outbrain or Taboola), but plan to in future.

NicolasCol-
lebechi
on: April 29, 2015, 02:23

Hey Moe,

Thanks for the answers.

1 – How long do you wait before sending them affiliate offers via email? (Using the Squeeze Pages you mentioned to capture those emails). Any strategies you consider valuable mentioning when monetizing your lists?

2 – Do you perform any specific kind of link building in your websites? From your vids, I got the idea that you try to focus in keywords with super low KCs. Do you something else besides pointing to those links from the websites’ social profiles?

3 – Just as a suggestion, it would be very useful if you could add a video about finding a profitable niche to create a product from scratch. Like a real example where you begin from a scratch with a niche that you haven’t researched before. Would help a lot to all of us about the thought process I think 🙂 Just an idea.

Nico

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.28 ; Page loaded in: 0.009 seconds.