Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Free Market Samurai?
TapiwaB
Beginner
Post Free Market Samurai?
on: January 29, 2015, 16:26

Hi Moe,

I’m on the question of whether it will be easy to get traffic for the niche? There’s a link to Market Samurai in the Mountain Guide. It says it’s free, but when I try to download Market Samurai… nothing happens. I also entered my email address and didn’t receive a confirmation from them.

Do you or anyone else on this forum know if it’s free? If not, are there any other free alternatives to the “Google Traffic Estimator” (is this the keyword planner?)?

Thanks,
Tapiwa

mmuise
Administrator
Post Re: Free Market Samurai?
on: January 30, 2015, 01:06

Hi Tapiwa,

Sorry about that – I need to update the link in the guide. I believe this is the current link: http://www.noblesamurai.com/dojo/marketsamurai/6723-how-do-i-download-and-install-a-free-trial-of-market-samurai

Are you trying to get traffic volume estimates? If yes, I highly recommend you use Google’s Keyword Planner. You have to register for a Google Adwords account to use the Planner, but you don’t have to run a paid advertising campaign – all you have to do is register for an Adwords account (here: https://www.google.com/adwords/ )

If you don’t want to use Google’s Keyword Planner, one of the next-best options is http://www.KeywordTool.io . It’s not as good as Google’s Planner, but you don’t need to register for an account to use it.

TapiwaB
Beginner
on: January 30, 2015, 03:21

Hi Moe,

No problem. Actually the email went to another folder. I found it and was able to install.

Yes I’m trying to get traffic volume estimates. I’ve been using the Keyword Planner. I wasn’t aware that it was synonymous with the Google Traffic Estimator.

I’ll try to get my hands dirty with Market Samurai over the weekend.

Thanks,
Tapiwa

mmuise
Administrator
on: January 30, 2015, 12:49

Sounds good. Let us know how Market Samurai works out – I haven’t used it in a while!

TapiwaB
Beginner
on: January 30, 2015, 16:03

I will. By the way, it seems that Market Samurai pulls data from Google AdWords. Would you say that this software is good for KW generation, while AdWords is good for estimating traffic?

May I ask what you currently use for KW research?

mmuise
Administrator
on: January 31, 2015, 04:00

Hi Tapiwa – as mentioned, I haven’t used Market Samurai in a long time, so I’m not sure how good it is for keyword generation (although I’ve heard some people say it’s good, and others say it’s not so hot).

I’ll be putting together an updated module on keyword brainstorming (to replace Module #7a , which is still pretty relevant). In the meantime, here are a few tools I use to generate big keyword lists:

– Niche forums (to get the main keyword categories)
– Wikipedia (look at the “Contents” section of the page)
– KeywordTool.io
– Google’s Keyword Planner

Note that there’s NO tool that is perfectly accurate for estimating traffic. Not even Google’s Keyword Planner – because the Planner misses out on a TON of long-tail keywords that get low search volume but (combined) can add up to big traffic volume. But the Planner is the best we’ve got, so it can be used to get a ballpark estimate of traffic volume.

Moe

TapiwaB
Beginner
on: February 2, 2015, 02:04

I installed Market Samurai and got to play with it for several hours. I did this in conjunction with watching the following categories of videos:
– Keyword Research
– SEO Competition
– Domains

First of all, the trial period wasn’t long enough for me to evaluate so I’m not purchasing it yet, if at all. I will say that their scarcity marketing is good. I got the message of ‘if you don’t by this product, your online business will fail.’

Anyway let me get into the software itself. It included several modules, but I focused on the ones that pertain to Moe’s homework assignment (KW research & SEO competition).

KW research: I like how you can generate a huge list of keywords, and quickly filter them. I also like the various data fields that let you see things like total searches vs. SEO Traffic (actual searches), SEO Value (daily dollars I think), and Title & Anchor Competition . It appears that having all of the data on one screen saves time as their marketing message states, but I’m not sure how much. I need to play with Moe’s KW Tool and compare once I get to that module.

SEO Competition: This looked pretty impressive to me. You can quickly compare various types of data for the top ten sites (Google search results) on one screen. Some of these include: domain age, page rank, keyword in title, keyword in URL, etc,. It’s also color coded so you can size up the competition in less than five seconds. What a time saver!

The software is interesting from what I saw. However, I wasn’t absolutely convinced that I have to have it. In fact after reading Moe’s post above, I decided to think about it more, and just go through the Niche Sherpa process before doling out money for something that I don’t fully understand.

Market Samurai helped in that I made some needed changes to my site. As far as current niche research goes, I’ll hold off on it until I have a better understanding of Internet Marketing.

mmuise
Administrator
on: February 2, 2015, 06:45

Wow, if you don’t buy the software right away, your business will fail – you’d better buy Market Samurai right away, Tapiwa! 😉

Regarding Market Samurai vs my keyword tool: there’s really no comparison, because they’re meant for different things.

Market Samurai is for keyword research and competitive analysis; my tool is more for sorting/organizing/manipulating the keywords once you’ve obtained them from a keyword research tool. So, big difference.

DEFINITELY hold off on purchasing Market Samurai until you have a better grasp of the internet marketing/making money online process. You might (or might not) realize that you don’t need it. I think it’s best to wait.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.28 ; Page loaded in: 0.015 seconds.