Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Niche Marketing
EricaHill
Post Niche Marketing
on: January 21, 2015, 12:37

Moe,

Do you need to be an expert at writing content in order to be successful in this type of business?

I’m having a blast doing all of the homework and the research for my niche. However, I wonder how I’m going to eventually put this all into words on my website that will reach my audience.

Perhaps I’m getting ahead of myself here? I’m only on module 6. 😀

mmuise
Administrator
Post Re: Niche Marketing
on: January 21, 2015, 14:25

Hi Erica,

Great to hear you’re having a blast doing the homework! I think you’re a researcher like me 😉

You definitely DON’T need to be an expert at writing content in order to be successful. I’m not an expert at goat farming or sleep disorders – but I’ve sold a heck of a lot of information products in those niches, among others.

If you’re talking about how to GET content, you can do that by interviewing experts. That topic is covered in Module #8b , and I’ve also written a quick primer here:

http://www.keywordsblogger.com/become-a-“niche-journalist”-why-you-don’t-need-to-be-an-expert-to-start-an-online-business/

If you’re talking about how to WRITE content, you can just write in your own style. As you’ve probably seen yourself, there are some sites owned by people who don’t write well at all, but they still have a large following, because their followers like them being “authentic” and just being themselves. Bloggers like John Chow and Jeremy Shoemaker are two people who come to mind. Those guys couldn’t write their way out of a paper bag, and their followers love them. And I’ve seen MANY sites like that in farming – and other – niches.

EricaHill
Post Re: Niche Marketing
on: January 21, 2015, 17:54

Thanks! The post was quite helpful and encouraging. 🙂

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.28 ; Page loaded in: 0.011 seconds.