Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Finding an audience?
TapiwaB
Beginner
Post Finding an audience?
on: October 5, 2014, 20:23

Hi,

I’m on module 3 and having a hard time finding an audience using the particular needs approach. Moe says this is the easiest and me being a newbie I figured I’d begin with that. The Niche Sherpa Mountain Guide states that this module is optional. I’m a little confused as to why this is optional. My take from Finding a Niche Doesn’t Have to be a … was that having an audience is they way to go.

I tried thinking about and googling particular, but the organic results have such poor rankings in Alexa that there’s not a lot good data to analyze. Here’s an example as I’m typing this. I thought of a specific vegan product and googled it. The site below came up. The ending back slash are my own words.

http://www.vegan-nutritionista.com/specificProduct.html

Next I went to http://www.vegan-nutritionista.com/. Then I headed to Alexa.

Here are my questions:
Should I ignore sites with Alexa global rankings greater than 100,000?
At what point should I have an audience?

Thanks,
Tapiwa

MoeMuise
Post Re: Finding an audience?
on: October 6, 2014, 01:19

Hi Tapiwa,

Great question. In the Mountain Guide when I say that choosing an audience is optional, I mean that you can start with a narrow niche/topic instead of a broader audience.

An example: instead of starting with the audience “middle-aged, overweight men”, you can start with one of the niches/topics that are of interest to middle-aged, overweight men, such as lower back pain problems, or diabetes, or how to raise teenagers.

It’s extremely important to know who the audience is that you’re serving – but when you’re just getting started, sometimes it’s easier to start with a niche/topic that is narrower, so it’s easier to learn the range of problems.

Have you gone through Module #2 and made a list of your interests? That’s a good place to start looking for a niche/topic to pursue.

Moe

TapiwaB
Beginner
on: October 9, 2014, 19:08

Hi Moe,

I did make the list from module 2. I’ll review it again. I appreciate the distinction between a narrow niche/topic and an audience.

Tapiwa

MoeMuise
on: October 10, 2014, 01:35

Okay, once you’ve chosen a few niches from your list, let us know if you need help moving forward.

Moe

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.28 ; Page loaded in: 0.018 seconds.