Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Beginners strategy
Anton
Post Beginners strategy
on: April 30, 2013, 04:33

Hi Moe,
I’ve been watching the videos and thinking over the material. Great stuff, very useful, but I need help getting my head straight.

The question is, how exactly should I proceed with setting up my site? Would I be better off researching forums or using tools like LongTailPro for niche research?

And speaking of niche research, should I be looking for a low-competition niche and gradually build an authority site in it using organic traffic (which can take a lot of time), or can I disregard the competition (unless it’s too high) and just leap in using PPC?

If it’s a combination of those you advise, then how should it look like? Creating an offer, setting up a PPC campaign and then gradually adding content if I see that the product is successful?

Thanks,
Anton

mmuise
Administrator
Post Re: Beginners strategy
on: May 1, 2013, 14:01

Hi Anton,

Great questions. Allow me to answer each one in turn:

“The question is, how exactly should I proceed with setting up my site? Would I be better off researching forums or using tools like LongTailPro for niche research?”

> It depends on what stage you’re at. Have you chosen a niche? If yes, then you should know the problems that your target audience is facing. Then you should be doing keyword competitiveness analysis (using a tool like Long Tail Pro) to figure out the keywords you should be targeting for your website. If you haven’t yet chosen a niche, you should be researching the forums (or running a survey) to find out the problems various niches are facing.

“And speaking of niche research, should I be looking for a low-competition niche and gradually build an authority site in it using organic traffic (which can take a lot of time), or can I disregard the competition (unless it’s too high) and just leap in using PPC?”

> This totally depends on your risk tolerance and patience level. Low-competition authority sites still take time to rank in the search engines and start bringing in a good level of income. Do you have the patience for that? On the other hand, you can start generating sales right away if you launch a PPC campaign – but that campaign might take some time to make profitable (i.e. you might be making sales, but not enough to cover the cost of advertising).

I have one low-competition site that has brought in between $400 and $1000 per month in Adsense revenue for the past five years, and I haven’t touched it in three years. But it took over a year to start bringing in decent Adsense income.

On the other hand, I promote my health info products using PPC and have been making sales from day one, but it takes time and effort to optimize those campaigns so they’re profitable.

So basically you have to choose a route and stick with it – because all of this takes time.

Hope that helps,

Moe

Anton
on: May 1, 2013, 15:35

Thanks, Moe!

Here’s another question that bothers me. You always talk about researching niches and target audiences. Wouldn’t it be better to just research keywords? For example, anxiety->niche too large->find “natural anti anxiety” keyword->build a site around that. Why do all the demographics and targeting?

Thanks!

mmuise
Administrator
on: May 2, 2013, 13:36

The reason we don’t research just keywords is because keywords don’t tell you what’s going on inside people’s head. If you were to create an information product or web content around the term “natural anti anxiety”, you could assume you know what people are looking for – but there might be thousands of people searching for that term, and groups of them might be looking for different things (for example: some people might be looking for natural supplements for anxiety; others might be looking for a psychologist who’s experienced in cognitive-behavioral therapy; others might want a do-it-yourself online program; etc). Why not ask people exactly what they’re looking for, or do some forum research to see exactly what it is they want?

When you have a product that meets the needs of a customer precisely, you don’t need to sell. You simply put it in front of them and they’ll buy it.

Regarding the link-building Excel spreadsheet you mentioned, which video was it mentioned in?

Moe

Anton
on: May 5, 2013, 07:17

Thanks, Moe!

The link building Excel was mentioned in the link building video, and I found the link to it already (just had to go to the video itself, du-h). So far I don’t have new questions.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.28 ; Page loaded in: 0.012 seconds.