Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Terms of Use Templates/Forms
Danner
Post Terms of Use Templates/Forms
on: November 21, 2012, 00:23

Hi Moe,

As I build out my site I need a Disclaimer, Disclosure & Privacy Policy page.

I know these pages are extremely important for our protection.

Can we use a free generic template for Affiliate type sites and then kind of customize it for our own sites? or… do we have to pay a lawyer or someone else to write these pages?

How specific do these policies have to be to our Niche?

What would your best advice/suggestions be for finding these so we can use these Terms of Use pages on our own sites?

Thanks Moe.

Danny

mmuise
Administrator
Post Re: Terms of Use Templates/Forms
on: December 3, 2012, 15:04

Hi Danny,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I was incommunicado while in Bali – but am back in the saddle now!

I would highly recommend that you DON’T hire a lawyer to write those pages. It’s just not necessary.

You don’t need to make those policy pages super-specific to your niche or site. If you’re using WordPress for your site (which I highly recommend), you can simply download plugins that automatically generate these pages on your site. Then all you have to do is slightly customize the pages so they include information specific to your site (e.g. name of the site; URL; and contact email address).

The “Privacy Policy” plugin I’ve used on my sites in the past is called Easy Privacy Policy plugin. Just Google that name and you’ll find the site to download it from (or you might be able to search for it in the “Plugins” page when you’re in your site’s WordPress admin).

As far as a Disclosure/Disclaimer page, I would only use one for both. I’m not aware of a good plugin for this. Your best bet is to go to the top sites in your niche and look at their disclaimer page, then copy (I mean, “borrow”) the wording from their page.

Hope that helps,

Moe

Danner
Post Re: Terms of Use Templates/Forms
on: December 6, 2012, 18:42

No worries – Great Help!! 😀

I use WP for all of my sites.

I’ve seen that plug-in (Easy Privacy Policy) previously but just wasn’t sure if it was adequate but will install it ASAP.

I’ve also checked out Disclaimer/Disclosure Policies of other sites in my niche but again just wasn’t sure if I could ‘borrow’ them or not.

Thanks Moe.

Warm Regards,

Danny

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.28 ; Page loaded in: 0.017 seconds.