Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What to do next(D)?
Alwyn
Pro
Post What to do next(D)?
on: June 24, 2012, 08:16

Hello Moe,

I ran the PPC campaign for about a week or so and once I got to my limit ($200), I pulled the plug. I was able to get around 102 new subscribers from this. I got 1 sale from this campaign – the customer bought as soon as she was sent to my salespage after clicking on the ad.

I now have my autoresponders up and running and they are going out to a total of about 182 people. The emails are mostly content only with the occasional affiliate link to a vendor’s salespage. My list is growing at the rate of about 3 subscribers per week.

I have been adding a new post to my blog every 5 days and notifying my list by email.

I know that I have to determine if I can sell my eBook before committing to this niche. About 128 new people have got the series of autoresponders where I gave the link to my salespage and so far only 1 person has bought (attributed to the emails).

Is this enough people to make my decision?

So far I have sold 3 eBooks. I need more traffic and I need to sell more eBooks. Do I have no choice but to start the PPC campaign again and this time make it more efficient? It would appear to me that the thing has to pay for itself by selling enough product to make up for the ongoing ad costs. The first time through I was not able to even come close to this.

One of my other sites in the exact same niche as my main site is starting to pull in organic traffic – now ranked #2 in Google for the domain match keyword. She pulled in 499 visits in the past month. This site is not optimized because I am waiting to see if I should commit to this niche first. Should I still wait before optimizing this puppy?

Thanks as always, Alwyn

P.S. How is your Adsense project coming along?

Fresh Update: Just had another sweet sale! This time from my autoresponder series – the 3rd email in the series – the first link out to my salespage. So that is 2 sales now from my emails, 1 from PPC and 1 out of the blue = 4 total

mmuise
Administrator
Post Re: What to do next(D)?
on: June 26, 2012, 23:43

Hi Alwyn,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you – I’m currently in Australia, and spent the past couple of days en route.

I think you should be taking confidence from the fact that you’ve made any sales, period. There are lots of Clickbank products that don’t make any sales.

As you say, the key is to optimize what you’ve got going now. And you should also start thinking about other offers you can make (offers you can promote as an affiliate, as well as those you can create yourself).

Moe

Alwyn
Pro
on: June 28, 2012, 20:36

G’day Moe-stralia,

That’s OK, I am sure you will have a bonkers good time down-under. Thredbo should have the white stuff by now and you could thread some turns through the gum trees (I’ve always wanted to do that).

When we talked on April 3rd you told me that I should only commit to my niche once I know I can sell my product on ClickBank. By commit, we meant:

Working on SEO on my main site, by linkbuilding etc.
    Putting banner ads up in places on the net where my market congregates.
    Optimizing my other sites in my niche

From your answer above I am assuming then that 4 sales of my product on ClickBank is sufficient to commit and take action on the steps listed above?

Do you think I should fire up my PPC campaign again, this time optimizing it and try to run it at a profit?

Is there anything else you can think of to get more traffic and sales? Should I build more sites in my niche? I currently have 2 that are getting SEO traffic.

Cheers mate and no worries (Australian), Alwyn

P.S. You must be having such a grand old time in the antipodes that you have forgotten all about this little ol’ forum! 😀

mmuise
Administrator
on: July 6, 2012, 11:03

Hi Alwyn – answers to your questions:

“Do you think I should fire up my PPC campaign again, this time optimizing it and try to run it at a profit?”

Absolutely. Paid traffic is the quickest and most reliable way of getting traffic. The trick is to optimize your campaigns so they’re profitable.

“Is there anything else you can think of to get more traffic and sales? Should I build more sites in my niche? I currently have 2 that are getting SEO traffic.”

I would be creating more content for my site(s) and reaching out to complementary sites to get more backlinks (which will help increase your rankings). You can also set up social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook) and start connecting with people in complementary niches. The three-pronged strategy I’m using for traffic these days is paid traffic -> SEO -> social media.

Moe

Alwyn
Pro
on: July 7, 2012, 04:18

Evening Moe,

OK, so I guess that is a “yes” to committing to this niche. I will do as you say and kick some ass.

What do you think about putting a small sales box in the sidebar, just below my opt in form, that has a little blurb about my paid product and a link out to my salespage? I saw this for the first time on a dog training site, http://www.thedogtrainingclub.com.

Thanks, Alwyn

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.28 ; Page loaded in: 0.02 seconds.