Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Looking for affiliates to promote
Alwyn
Pro
Post Looking for affiliates to promote
on: May 23, 2012, 23:56

Hi Moe,

When looking for affiliates to promote it would seem to me that you would want to at least read the eBook yourself first before promoting it to your subscribers. Is this correct?

Is it normal procedure for the affiliate to give you a free copy to go over and see whether or not it would be suitable for your audience?

Do you recommend any other places besides ClickBank to look for affiliates?

Thanks, Alwyn

mmuise
Administrator
Post Re: Looking for affiliates to promote
on: May 24, 2012, 17:44

Hi Alwyn –

“When looking for affiliates to promote it would seem to me that you would want to at least read the eBook yourself first before promoting it to your subscribers. Is this correct? ”

Do you mean that you will be promoting another person’s product as an affiliate. If the answer is yes, then you’re right – you really should read their ebook first before promoting it.

“Is it normal procedure for the affiliate to give you a free copy to go over and see whether or not it would be suitable for your audience?”

I think you’re referring to the vendor here, not the affiliate (the “vendor” is the owner of the product). And yes, some vendors will give you a free copy (the good vendors; the paranoid ones will see you as someone who might try to rip them off, and probably won’t give you a free copy).

I only use Clickbank for affiliates.

Moe

Alwyn
Pro
on: May 24, 2012, 21:55

Hi Moe,

Oops, yes I meant looking for other vendors to promote in the first paragraph not affiliates. And I see about the possible reluctance of some vendors about giving you a free copy of their product.

And you only use ClickBank for getting affiliates of your own product but what about finding other vendors to promote as an affiliate? Still only ClickBank?

Thanks, Alwyn

mmuise
Administrator
on: May 25, 2012, 16:40

To find other products to promote I use Clickbank and OfferVault.com . OfferVault is a directory of affiliate offers in dozens of different niches. Highly recommended.

Moe

Alwyn
Pro
on: May 25, 2012, 17:44

OK, coolness, thanks. In the Module #8 video you talked about Commission Junction as well.

Alwyn

Alwyn
Pro
on: June 16, 2012, 06:10

Hi there teacher Moe,

Long time no talk! I’ve been kicking it hard, creating useful content for my website and notifying my subscribers by sending out emails on my autoresponder.

What do you think of using Amazon as a vendor to promote? It seems hardly worth it when you only get around 4% for a sale. Amazon has these ‘Slideshow Widgets’ that you can put in your sidebar and an Amazon store where you can list all the products for sale on a separate page. Is this all worth it?

When it comes to promoting vendors as an affiliate (found in ClickBank) where is the best place to put the HopLink? And how to promote it? The way I see it is you would write an informative post on the subject concerned and then just before the link write something like, “For an excellent, how to guide on curing X condition then CLICK HERE NOW!” Is that about right?

It seems like only a few vendors on ClickBank have affiliate tools where they provide you with banner ads and so on. Is it OK to go with a vendor who only provides the HopLink?

Do you have to inform your readers that the HopLink is an affiliate link and that you would earn money from the referral?

Would you want to put the HopLink anywhere else on your site? If the HopLink is only at the bottom of the one post about the subject at hand, is that enough exposure? Is this the normal way to do it?

Do you have any good examples of using HopLinks effectively?

Thanks so much, Alwyn

mmuise
Administrator
on: June 17, 2012, 21:49

Hi Alwyn,

I’ve never promoted any Amazon products on my sites, because they pay a low commission, so it seems like it would be hard to make any money. I prefer to promote Clickbank products, because the commissions are much higher.

Regarding your other questions:

“When it comes to promoting vendors as an affiliate (found in ClickBank) where is the best place to put the HopLink? And how to promote it? The way I see it is you would write an informative post on the subject concerned and then just before the link write something like, “For an excellent, how to guide on curing X condition then CLICK HERE NOW!” Is that about right?”

Yes, that’s how I do it.

“It seems like only a few vendors on ClickBank have affiliate tools where they provide you with banner ads and so on. Is it OK to go with a vendor who only provides the HopLink?”

It’s okay to go with a vendor who only provides a hoplink, but I tend to stick with the vendors who support their affiliates (i.e. who provide banners, email copy, etc.)

“Do you have to inform your readers that the HopLink is an affiliate link and that you would earn money from the referral?”

If you want to be completely transparent, then yes, you should inform your readers. But if you’re promoting a product that you truly believe in and think will solve a problem, I don’t think it’s necessary.

“Would you want to put the HopLink anywhere else on your site? If the HopLink is only at the bottom of the one post about the subject at hand, is that enough exposure? Is this the normal way to do it?”

In addtion to links throughout the article (not just at the bottom), I also put banners in the left sidebar of the site. You can also try putting a banner at the bottom of each post. (Basically, you have to test out different methods of promoting a product – text links within an articles, banners on various parts of the site, etc – and see what gets the best conversion rate).

Besides what I’ve mentioned here, I can’t think of any other “best practices” for using hoplinks effectively. Bottom line: use a mix of text links and banners throughout your site; use a tracking tool like Ninja Affiliate Link Cloaker to track how many clicks each link gets; and optimize from there.

Moe

Moe

Alwyn
Pro
on: June 19, 2012, 06:04

OK, Moe, thanks for your great answers. I will try these suggestions.

Regards, Alwyn

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.28 ; Page loaded in: 0.021 seconds.