Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What to do next(C)?
Alwyn
Pro
Post What to do next(C)?
on: May 3, 2012, 04:35

Gut Evening Moe of Saxony,

Of 1st importance (as per our chat), I’ve sent out my first autoresponder series to my latest list of subscribers promoting my eBook.

Of 2nd importance, I’ve created my first PPC campaign on Bing to drive traffic to my opt-in page and then to my salespage with the intent of selling them my eBook. This is all ready to launch. I am currently waiting to hear back from developers who will connect the WP SalesEngine opt-in form to Mailchimp so I can continue to build my list.

Of 3rd importance, I need to promote my eBook and look for related offers.

Concerning this last item, do you think the next step for me is to contact my original list (the survey respondents who have already received my paid eBook) and promote some related offers to them?

What is the best way to approach them? And what can I sell them? Do I ask them in the first contact something like, “What is your biggest challenge with overcoming X condition?”? Or “What other health concerns do you have apart from X condition?”? And, “How easy is it for you to find a solution?”

Or do I just give them useful content and see how they respond? I guess what I need to obtain here is, what it is that they want. What are their pain points etc that I can provide a solution to.

Once I determine what it is that they are clamoring for is it wise to offer them affiliate products at this point? How about affiliate products that are very similiar to my own product, ie, a competing eBook on the exact same subject? How do you know when it would be better to create your own product?

Thanks big guy, Alwyn

mmuise
Administrator
Post Re: What to do next(C)?
on: May 4, 2012, 14:14

Hi Awlyn,

“Concerning this last item, do you think the next step for me is to contact my original list (the survey respondents who have already received my paid eBook) and promote some related offers to them?”

Yes, that’s what you should do. As I’ve mentioned in several other posts in this forum, you should follow up with your subscribers with a combination of helpful information and promotions of affiliate products.

How do you know what info and affiliate offers to send them? Base it on your knowledge of what your audience needs!

Moe

Alwyn
Pro
on: May 4, 2012, 16:30

Bon morning Moe,

“Base it on your knowledge of what your audience needs!”

OK, that is fine and good but at this point I would only be guessing what it is they need. I am not getting any feedback from them through email or comments on my blog.

Do you think it would be a good idea to ask them what it is they want immediately? Or should I just guess and run with it and ask them later?

Thanks Alwyn

Alwyn
Pro
on: May 6, 2012, 05:09

Evening Moe ‘The Guru’ Muise,

What do you think about me taking one of these two approaches? The first idea is to send my original list (they received the full eBook) several questions:

(1). After reading my eBook, were all your specific health challenges with X condition adequately covered? If not, what remains your biggest challenge with overcoming X condition? The more specific you can be the better. I really want to help you here so go ahead and bare your soul.

(2). What do you think is preventing you from overcoming the above challenge?

(3). How difficult has it been to find a solution to this problem while searching the internet or looking elsewhere?

(4). After X condition what is the second most important health challenge that you are trying to overcome?

(5). How difficult has it been to find a solution to this problem while searching the internet or looking elsewhere?

If there are any other concerns you may have about your health then please feel free to elaborate as much as you like here. The more detail the better, as this will help me serve you better.

END

If I were to do this do you think it would be worth it to send it out to them through SurveyGizmo.com? Or is putting the questions in an email OK?

The concerns I have with this first approach are (1) I have already asked these folks similar questions when I did the survey with them before. (2) I don’t have anything to bribe them with. And (3) Is 5 questions too many?

The second option would be to just guess what it is they want and give it to them. I could do this as part of a 7 email series, that combines useful content about stuff that I think they would like, interspersed with links out to the affiliate of my choice.

Thanks, Alwyn

mmuise
Administrator
on: May 8, 2012, 14:30

Hi Alwyn – I think this approach is fine. At this point, I just think you need to take action. You’ll only know once you’ve tried it.

Moe

Alwyn
Pro
on: May 8, 2012, 17:52

Hey Moe,

Thanks for getting back to me. Getting your feedback (even if it is just a yes, like today), is vital to my success. People all learn in different ways and for me at my current stage of development, this is my way of getting through this.

Thanks, Alwyn

mmuise
Administrator
on: May 9, 2012, 13:57

Keep in mind that even if I think a tactic is a good idea, it might not work in your market and with your audience. That’s why “test, test, test” is the mantra of successful IMers. It’s also what sets apart the people who do really well in this business.

Implementation is king!

Moe

Alwyn
Pro
on: May 10, 2012, 05:02

Yo Teacher Moe,

Yes, of course – what has worked for you may not work for me but I increase my chances of success by modeling what has worked for you. With any learning situation I believe it is best to not reinvent the wheel and follow a successful prescription. The time for experimentation is later.

And yes, testing is important – I get that.

Lastly, lack of implementation has been the downfall of many so called “men with potential”.

The Alwyn out.

Alwyn
Pro
on: May 11, 2012, 06:01

Hello Moe,

I sent off an email last night to my original list (they received the full eBook), asking for more feedback on my eBook (for testimonials and ideas about what they want etc). I also asked them the 5 questions above and said that the person with the best response would receive my next product free.

Twenty four hours later and I have had only 3 opens and 43 unopens. And no feedback by email on my questions. This ain’t looking too good – I could have a dead list on my hands. How long should I wait? How and when do you make the decision to give up on a list and move on? Even with such a low open rate and jack-all feedback do I still go ahead and hit them with an affiliate offer that I think they might like?

Merci buckets, Alwyn

Alwyn
Pro
on: May 16, 2012, 02:38

Hey Moe,

I posted the above a few days back. Would like your feedback.

Thanks Alwyn

Pages: [1] 2
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.28 ; Page loaded in: 0.017 seconds.