Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: SEoptimizing my current articles
Alwyn
Pro
Post SEoptimizing my current articles
on: January 26, 2012, 02:38

Hey Moe,

As you know I am ranking #2 for my domain name keyword. Almost all of my organic traffic comes from this one keyword. The articles on my site are not at all optimized for SEO. After hearing what you and Spencer have had to say about this topic I was wondering if it would be a good idea to SEoptimize my current articles? Could this backfire on me and thus lose my #2 position? Is this a case of if it ain’t broke don’t fix it? Or could this push me into the #1 position?

Should I just leave them be and focus on new content?

Beaucoup thanks, Alwyn

mmuise
Administrator
Post Re: SEoptimizing my current articles
on: January 26, 2012, 16:40

Hi Alwyn,

Good question. I would say that if your articles aren’t “on-page” (as opposed to “off-page”) optimized, you should definitely do that. Althought I can’t guarantee if, of course, I don’t think making simple improvements to your articles would hurt your rankings – and it could help.

I’ve been meaning to cover this in a video anyway, so I’ll put a tutorial together in the next couple of days on on-page SEO, and I’ll upload it to the Training Videos section. I’ll send an email out when that’s done.

Moe

Alwyn
Pro
on: January 26, 2012, 22:05

OK, Moe, I will go ahead and on-page optimize.

And thanks for the video, I am sure it will be very useful.

Alwyn

mmuise
Administrator
on: January 28, 2012, 02:38

Okay, on-page SEO video and checklist have been created. You can check them out here:

http://www.nichesherpa.com/members-home/training-videos/adsense-videos/how-to-do-on-page-seo

Moe

Alwyn
Pro
on: February 2, 2012, 00:41

Excellent, thanks Moe. I have now optimized my on page SEO, thanks to your great videos.

Now I will hope for some Google pixie dust to be sprinkled on my site.

Alwyn

mmuise
Administrator
on: February 2, 2012, 14:42

Sounds good, Alwyn.

I’ll be putting together a video on off-page SEO (i.e. link-building) within the next week. Look out for that coming soon.

Moe

Alwyn
Pro
on: February 3, 2012, 00:59

Awesome, thx Moe.

Alwyn
Pro
on: February 19, 2012, 06:20

Hi Moe,

Jeez, I just tried the ‘search forums’ box on this site for the first time and it worked beautifully! I typed in ‘link building’ and out popped this thread at 100% relevance and is exactly what I was looking for!

I did some link building by submitting articles to EzineArticles and social bookmarking sites a while back(following this post,http://www.nichepursuits.com/general-review-of-link-building-strategies/) but for some reason no page links show up in the SEOmoz page links category in LTP for my main site.

I need to get cracking on this pronto. Have you had a chance to make an off-page SEO video yet? Would very much appreciate your expert instruction on this.

Thanks coach, Alwyn

mmuise
Administrator
on: February 19, 2012, 19:16

Good to know the search box works!

I’ll try to get a video up tonight, latest tomorrow.

Moe

Alwyn
Pro
on: February 19, 2012, 23:38

Thanks Moe, Alwyn

Pages: [1] 2
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.28 ; Page loaded in: 0.023 seconds.